of restorations and reforms appointed by the Bishop
of Mallorca, Pere Campins, for the Cathedral of Palma
Although the works were allocated to Gaudí in
1902 and that Gaudí travelled immediately to
the island, the works did not start until the year after.
They consisted of the transfer of the Gothic and Baroque
altarpieces, the shift of the choir, the opening of
the Trinity Chapel, the installation of new pulpits,
the opening of Gothic windows, the fitting of stained-glass
windows, the installation of a canopy, the decoration
of the walls and the making of furniture.
Gaudí surrounded himself with collaborators depending
on the needs of the project, such as the architects
Guillem Reynés, Joan Rubió and Josep Maria
Jujol, and the painters Iu Pascual and Jaume Llongueras.
The intervention on the exterior was carried out following
the ogival style between 1910 and 1912, whilst that
inside and the glass windows were carried out between
1904 and 1914. In that last year, because of disagreements
with the building contractor, the works were interrupted
and were not continued because the bishop, who had been
the main promoter, died the year after.