was a group of restorations and remodelling commissioned
by the Bishop of Mallorca, Pere Campins, for the Cathedral
of Palma de Mallorca.
the commission was given formally to Gaudí in
1902, and he went to the island immediately, the work
was not begun until the following year.
consisted of the moving of the Gothic and Barroque altarpieces
and the choir stall, the opening of the Chapel of the
Trinity, the placement of new thrones, the opening of
Gothic windows, the mounting of stained-glass windows,
the installation of a canopy, the decoration of the
walls, and the making of the furniture.
surrounded himself with several collaborators, according
to the projects needs, for example the architects
Guillem Reynés, Joan Rubió, and Josep
Maria Jujol, and the painters Iu Pascual and Jaume Llongueras.
outside was executed, following the ogival style, between
1910 and 1912, while the interior and the stained-glass
windows were executed between 1904 and 1914. This last
year was when, due to differences with the contractor,
work was interrupted and was left unfinished, as the
Bishop, the main driving force behind the work, died
the following year.